Join Our Team – Jobs
HELP US IMPACT LIVES
We are blessed to have recently filled several team positions, but we still have several remaining.
FInd our employee application in the box below which says apply now. Please note which position you are applying for on the application.
Thank you for considering South Side Mission!
Pickup and Delivery Worker
- Drive South Side Mission box truck truck to pick-up / drop-off donated items as needed.
- Helps load / unload items for donors.
- Actively promotes the vision and mission of South Side Mission Thrift Stores to customers and volunteers.
- Answers donor questions regarding South Side Mission pickup and delivery operations.
- Helps organize and maintain inventory at donation warehouse.
- Helps to maintain a clean, attractive, and safe environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Directs and manages the organization’s business and operational activities.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and Government regulations.
- Establish and update accounting procedures and policies as needed and ensure compliance with GAAP and ECFA recommendations.
- Supervises accounts payable and accounts receivable staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Assistant Thrift Store Supervisor
Serves as the lead person on the floor. Maintains appropriate customer relations. Ensures neat and orderly display of merchandise and maintains cleanliness. Serves as fill-in for the store manager in their absence. Flexible hours are required, including evenings and weekends.
Perform duties related to the maintenance and upkeep of the Mission’s property, equipment and facilities. Duties may include structural or equipment repair, regular maintenance of equipment, grounds keeping and custodial activities.
Thrift Store Supervisor
Responsible for the oversight of all daily operations. Maintain appropriate customer relations. Ensure neat and orderly display of merchandise and maintain cleanliness of the store. Recommend annual budget for the store and provide input into the strategic planning. Recommends volunteer needs for the store. Flexible hours are required, including evenings and weekends.
Thrift Store Retail Associate
Greets and provide excellent customer service. Maintains the neatness of the store and displays. Other duties as assigned.
Culinary Ministry Coordinator
This position is responsible for day-to-day operations of the Culinary department.
Responsibilities include providing meals for the daily soup kitchen, coordinating special meal programs, and facilitating food and supply inventory. Candidate will also be responsible for developing curriculum and overseeing Culinary Arts Training School.
- Food Manager license
- Certified Food Protection Manager
- Post-secondary certificate in Culinary Arts
- Five years of work experience as Kitchen Manager and/or Executive Chef preferred
Youth Ministry Assistant
This position reports to the Youth Ministries Supervisor. Responsible for conducting all activities related to youth programs. Assists in the development of programs and activities, helps lead those activities daily and gives oversight to volunteers.
Flexible hours are required, including some evenings and weekends.